JOB TITLE: Recovery Technician
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full time, non-exempt
LOCATION OF POSITION: RMLEB office/laboratory (Aurora, CO)
EDUCATION: Although not required, a Bachelor’s degree in a science field is highly recommended.
EXPERIENCE: While no specific experience is required, previous medical experience is viewed favorably. This position is learned through extensive on-the-job training.
SUMMARY STATEMENT: The Recovery Technician is primarily responsible for communicating with donor families regarding consent for recovery, collection of donor recovery screening information and procurement of eye tissue for transplant and research use. Technicians must have adequate physical ability to move donors during the recovery and must be very detail-oriented, dependable and maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
SOME ASSIGNED RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Coordinate with hospitals, mortuaries, coroners, and other entities
• Speak to families, provide information for donation
• Perform Medical and Social History interviews with donor families (via phone)
• Perform data entry and compile and organize donor records
• Utilize Lions or other volunteer drivers
• Utilizing the principles of aseptic/sterile technique, recover ocular tissue (corneas or whole eyes)
• Pick-up inbound tissue from airport and perform other courier or delivery functions as needed
• Obtain donor medical charts and records from healthcare facilities and deliver back to RMLEB office
• Transport tissue to surgery centers
Other Primary Duties
• Utilize the principles of aseptic technique to perform circulating duties as needed for laboratory tissue processing procedures
• Perform laboratory procedures (e.g. corneal excision/sclera preservation, transfer tissue from vial to CVC and lavaging)
• Decontaminate and process reusable surgical instruments for steam sterilization – operate and if needed perform routine maintenance and documentation as outlined in SOP for table top steam autoclave and supporting equipment
• Unpack, inspect and label new supplies (Optisol, gowns, gloves, Styrofoam coolers, etc.)
• Tracking of kits and recovery supplies
• Perform inventory functions (keep lab areas organized and stocked)
MISCELLANEOUS POSITION REQUIREMENTS: This job requires driving to perform position duties. As such, a valid driver’s license, current insurance and access to a personal vehicle are required. On-call time may be required.
This position posting closes December 31, 2019, at 12:00pm, application materials received after this date and time will not be considered.
TO APPLY: YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS. TO BEGIN THE PROCESS, FILL OUT THE FORM USING THE "APPLY" LINK ABOVE.