Our mission is to fulfill the wishes of eye donors and to help others overcome blindness through transplantation and research. Our dedication to this mission allows cornea tissue donation to provide nearly 2,000 sight-restorative transplants each year. Working to help fulfill the wishes of eye donors to help another overcome blindness isn't just a job, it's a purpose. Those who work here not only find success but significance in this important and unique work. The Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Bank is a progressive organization with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity.
JOB TITLE: Community and Professional Relations Coordinator
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, non-exempt
LOCATION OF POSITION: Wyoming (preferably Casper or Cheyenne area). Some telework will be possible when relevant or necessary.
SALARY: $48,000- $63,000/year
BENEFITS: Employer-Paid Healthcare Premiums
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, or healthcare preferred. Work experience healthcare outreach may be substituted at Executive Director’s discretion.
EXPERIENCE: Previous eye banking, hospital development, healthcare, education, public speaking, or similar experience preferred.
SUMMARY STATEMENT: This is an exciting time for our Community and Professional Relations Coordinator position. They will represent the Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Bank (RMLEB) with assigned donation partners. These partners may include but are not limited to donor families, recipients, advocates/volunteers, hospitals, hospices, coroners, funeral homes, transplant surgeons, transplant centers, other recovery agencies, Lions of Colorado and Wyoming, and trade organizations. This position will provide education and outreach to these stakeholders located in Wyoming.
- Self-motivated and able to set and accomplish goals independently
- Ability to think strategically and plan work around community outreach goals and objectives
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal, and phone communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, and problem-solving abilities, to keep stakeholders engaged and included in RMLEB’s mission.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include some evenings and/or weekends for special events
- Understanding of design concepts to include layout, print, and web
- Knowledge of and prior use with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat) and Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Photography and videography skills preferred
- Some travel is required- must possess a reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, and car insurance
- Act as primary RMLEB representative to assigned donation partners to cultivate effectively, two-way relationships to include:
- Create a comprehensive referral/donation process for eye donation
- Develop, coordinate, and educate donation partners on best practices for communicating with donor families.
- Regular in-person visits with donation partners as needed
- Negotiate Professional Service Agreements with donation partners as necessary
- Collaborate with team members to resolve barriers to donation, recovery, and transplantation
- Maintain accurate and current donation partner profile information in the database
- Complete regular data analysis and reporting to donation partners
- Track communication and interaction with donation partners in the database
- Visit identified Lions clubs on a periodic or as-needed basis as well as develop reports for council and cabinet meetings and orient the ED and board as needed or requested
- Assist with the composition and editing of content for partner publications as it pertains to RMLEB activities
- Assist with the development, composition, and editing of content for the website and social media accounts
- Assist with media relations, fundraising, and event planning as necessary
- Facilitate correspondence between donor families and transplant recipients
- Work cooperatively with other recovery agencies to ensure uniformity and minimize redundancy
- Assist with training of other employees as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISOR: This position reports to the Community and Professional Relations Manager