- Fulltime Quality Control Coordinator I/II
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full time, non-exempt
LOCATION OF POSITION: RMLEB office/laboratory (Aurora, CO)
SALARY: Position will be compensated at $21.11/hr during training, $22.11-25.72/hr starting
EDUCATION: Although not required, a bachelor’s degree in biology, life sciences or a related field is recommended. Commensurate experience may substitute for a degree.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in a medical-related field with familiarity in medical terminology is strongly desired. This position is learned through extensive training. Related experience will be viewed favorably.
Summary Statement: The Quality Control Coordinator performs advanced level eye banking skills and must be knowledgeable of RMLEB procedures, EBAA standards, and FDA regulations pertaining to the suitability of ocular tissue for transplantation. The Quality Control Coordinator is responsible for the designation of eye tissue use. Additional responsibilities include slit-lamp and specular microscopy, collection and interpretation of medical information pertaining to tissue designation, and tissue distribution.
Some assigned responsibilities and duties:
MISCELLANEOUS POSITION REQUIREMENTS: This job requires some driving to perform position duties. As such, a valid driver’s license, current insurance, and access to a personal vehicle are required.
- Perform slit-lamp and specular microscopy
- Qualify, package, and release donor blood samples to laboratory for infectious disease testing
- Review available donor records (e.g. medical records, autopsy findings, and infectious disease test results)
- Maximize tissue placement by ensuring tissue is offered and ready for distribution as soon as possible
- Participates in daily distribution/placement of tissue
- Coordinates shipping arrangements
- Arrange for and dispatch tissue to and from commercial carriers and receiving institutions as needed.
- Performs and documents lab maintenance and cleaning as needed
- Prepares samples for serology testing and arranges for delivery to the appropriate lab as needed.
- Function as Medical Director Designee. Determine tissue suitability and donor eligibility
- Assists with training of other Quality Control Coordinators, Recovery Technicians and Field Recovery Technicians as needed
- Performs duties of the Recovery Technician as needed
This position posting closes June 16 at noon. Application materials received after this date and time may not be considered.
TO APPLY: YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS. TO BEGIN THE PROCESS, COMPLETE THE FORM USING THE "APPLY FOR JOB" BUTTON ABOVE.
- 401K matching
- Short term disability
- Accident insurance
- Flex spending account
- Vacation and sick time
- Wellness plan
- Gap insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
Job Closing Date: June 16 at noon.